Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beginning the Journey to Change

Well, I, too, received the book yesterday. While the dog (best ever in the world!) was roaming the yard, I began to look over the chapters and subtitles. This only brought me to begin reading. The book looks interesting and yet very readable. I'm looking forward to the author's insights as to how to raise our success rate to 90-95%. What a way to definitely have other districts to sit back and finally take a look at North Union as a A1, top-notch district when we use these ideas and prove what we've known all along. Everyone needs a bit of tweeking and I believe this book can be the beginning of North Union's tweeking process. Here's to the new school year 2009-10!

2 comments:

  1. Linda,
    I agree with you! I would love to see our building at 90-95% We all know that starts with what is done in Kindergarten, then first, etc. I am excited to see what we learn from this districts ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your title "Beginning the Journey to Change." If we aren't willing to change we aren't willing to grow. The 90-95% goal seems unattainable, but the staff in this school district thought the same thing. I appreciate your enthusiasm and am looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete